What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
1. Determine why you desire to write. After you have completed that task, do an outline of your ideas.
2. Ask for help.
Don’t be overwhelmed by your lack of knowledge about writing or the publishing industry. Select an individual, group or organization with the knowledge or ability to help you succeed.
3. Educate yourself.
Do research to obtain information on how you can best leverage your knowledge and abilities to fulfill your dream of writing. The internet is filled with information of all sorts about writing, publishing and marketing your book.
4. Determine the genre of your book.
5. Benchmark against the best in the area of your writing assignment. Nevertheless, be a trend setter. Do not be afraid to break new ground.
6. Research your publishing options (traditional publishing, assisted self-publishing, do-it-yourself publishing) before making the decision.
7. Remember to budget for editing and promotional activities. Create a marketing plan.
8. Create your author platform (website and social media) to connect with readers.
9. Be enthusiastic about your book. It will help you to move forward when things are not going as planned.
10. Stay away from negative people and those who will talk you out of writing your book.
11. Celebrate the milestones you have achieved during the process of completing your book.
12. Stay expectant. Trust God. He will bring it to pass.
Ready! Set! Go!
I would like to hear from you. What advice would you give?
Ann Marie Bryan
CEO & Founder of Victorious By Design