FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WITH ANN MARIE BRYAN
Author of Unforgettable, My Love Has Come Along
Get the Answers to your Questions Here!
2. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Jamaica, West Indies.
3. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Like all children, I went through different phases of what I wanted to do when I grew up. At first, I was all set on becoming a Spy… LOL! Later, I wanted to be an archeologist or an astronaut.
4. What gives you joy?
Seeing people grow and develop into who God has called them to be and living life to the fullest.
5. Why did you decide to write this novel?
I wrote this novel to inspire and empower my readers, especially those who are waiting on God for a most significant gift – a husband. I wanted to testify about the faithfulness of God who understands and meets all our needs.
6. Tell me a little about your writing process?
Truthfully, writing a book was nowhere on my list of things to do. While I enjoy editing, reading and writing, I never thought of publishing a book. At various times in my life, I kept a personal journal, just to record my thoughts at any given moment. I have even written inspirational ‘poems’ to family members, relatives and friends for birthdays and special occasions. Writing a book … never crossed my mind.
So, how did I start writing a book?
Great question! Glad you asked.
After I got married, several of my friends and relatives (some living miles away) wanted to know how I met my husband. They knew that I had been single for some time. So, I had to share my love story, over and over again. Of course, no one wanted to hear the short version of the story.
Six months later, I was stretched out on the sofa at home on a Sunday afternoon, still recounting my love story. After hanging up from my call, it hit me …Write a book!
A long deafening pause ensued!
A book! A book!
Every reason not to write this book came to mind. Yes, every reason. But, I knew that I had a story to tell. I also knew that if God called me to write this book, He would equip me and surround me with wonderful Godly helpers.
So, like any well-thinking Christian woman, I took the matter to the Lord and felt the peace to proceed with this mission.
That was the easy part!
7. Why did you write an inspirational romance novel?
- Everyone loves a good love story.
- To reiterate that love is a decision.
- To encourage readers to apply Godly principles to their relationships
- To show the striking difference between walking in the Spirit and walking in the flesh with regards to relationships
- To testify of God’s goodness and faithfulness through relatable characters
- To spread God’s Word and promote Christian values.
- To show the nature of God.
8. How did you come up with the title, Unforgettable, My Love has Come Along?
My courtship and wedding were unforgettable so I knew that I had to use ‘Unforgettable’ in the title. I did not want it to appear as if I was just sitting down and waiting for my husband to turn up at my door. I was living my life to the fullest. Hence, the rest of the title, ‘My Love Has Come Along.’ My husband joined me on my path to fulfill my life’s journey.
9. How closely is Unforgettable, My Love has Come Along based on your life?
This novel was based in part on my personal experiences as I embarked on my remarkable journey from singleness to my amazing marriage. Yes! I did draw on some of my own experiences, encounters, feelings, insights and interactions to give this fictional story life.
Some parts of the novel are factual – for example, cities such as Kingston, Jamaica and Tallahassee, Florida.
10. How long did Unforgettable, My Love has Come Along take you to complete?
About two years, planning, writing and editing. I must admit that I did not write consistently, excepting for the last few months of the two years.
11. What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
I like to write early in the morning.
12. Do you write every day?
No. I write whenever I have the time.
13. What are the Circle of Love novels?
These are inspirational romance novels that are based on real-life events to empower and inspire readers through relatable characters. Unforgettable, My Love Has Come Along is the first of the Circle of Love Novels.
14. Do you have a favorite character? Why?
I have favorite characters! I can emulate traits from each of the characters. Of course, I love Annalisa because she reminds me of myself. I appreciate Orane for demonstrating the characteristics of a Godly man. I admire Annalisa’s family because of the bond that they share and I am inspired by Melissa because she is such a remarkable woman of God. The list goes on … and on!
15. What message would you like your readers to take away from this novel?
- God is faithful
- Love is a decision
- Apply Godly principles to your relationships
- A love connection brings joy and creates unforgettable seasons
- Delay is not denial; find love at any age and any time in unusual settings
Above all, I would encourage readers, not to put God in a box. God will come through in due season. Sometimes, God takes us out of our comfort zone to stretch us and show us that we can accomplish far more than we think. He blesses us to reach and empower others.
16. Did you learn anything from writing your novel and what was it?
I can do anything that God has called me to do, even if it is not on my list of things to do. I also discovered, how much I like writing.
17. What was one of the most surprising things you’ve learned in writing your book?
How fiercely I guard my privacy.
18. What authors influence your writing?
None at this time.
19. What are your goals as a writer?
Firstly, whatever I write must bring honor to God. Secondly, my writing projects must educate, inspire and empower others. Thirdly, I desire to tell great stories with relatable characters that positively impact societies and show the awesome power of God in the lives of people and places.
20. Are there any new writing projects on the horizon?
Yes. I am in the process of writing another book. The title will be announced later. I also intend to write the second Circle of Love novel.
21. What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
Go for it!